1 December 2008 - 6:17Are PLR Products Worth the Investment?
Many times website owners, or internet marketers, wonder whether PLR products are really worth the initial price tag. Sure, private label rights content has its benefits, that goes without saying. However, even amongst all those benefits, which we will name later on, what are the common pitfalls of using PLR content as an integral part of your business model?
Now, to be up front — this is a website that sells PLR content, so naturally you might expect that we have nothing bad to say about private label rights products, but this isn’t the case. We fully know that just as there are good aspects to using PLR content, there are bad sides as well.
For instance, some potential pitfalls of using private label rights content:
- Each article, eBook, report, or website can be distributed to dozens, scores, hundreds, or even thousands of other people.
- If you are using PLR content, such as a PLR article, for your website or blog where search engines will find it — you absolutely need to rewrite that PLR content in order to increase your chances of attracting visitors through search engines using the purchased private label rights content.
- If you purchase PLR articles for their built-in keyword targeting (SEO copywriting), that keyword targeting will be wasted, or at least messed with, once you rewrite that article.
- If you purchase an eBook or report, and then sell it basically as-is on your website, you can bet your bottom dollar that somebody else has as well… this can lead to an embarrassing refund request from future customers.
Now, if you haven’t noticed, the majority of the “bad sides” that we’ve mentioned regarding usage of private label rights content is due to the fact that you are almost required to rewrite the content. Some plr membership websites, or even a-la-carte plr services such as ours, requires this as a part of their plr usage rights.
However, just as their are potential downsides to using PLR articles and eBooks, the benefits are plentiful. Quite honestly, the need to rewrite PLR content is something that should be inherently implied, regardless of the PLR website’s usage rights. So, the “downsides”, in effect, are actually quite minimal, at least in our somewhat-biased opinion.
Now that we’ve covered some of the so-called bad parts to the plr product business model, we’ll cover some of the well-known benefits:
- PLR Products are cheap – if the quality of the PLR product is good to excellent, you are spending less money (much less) on PLR content than you would to hire a professional content writer. PLR articles can be purchased for a few pennies to a few dollars each, depending on the website, and top-of-the-line web content writing will almost always cost you more than $10 per article, oftentimes double that amount.
- PLR products make you an expert on an unfamiliar topic in minutes; not days, weeks, or months – There is PLR content available on almost any subject that you can dream up. Instead of trying to learn about a subject, and then having to endure writing about it — for a few dollars, you can become an ‘instant expert’.
- PLR content is plentiful – Just as there are thousands of freelance writers available to create unique content for you — there are scores of websites, with tens of thousands of private label rights products, available to cater to your private label rights needs.
While we could go on about the benefits of using PLR content, our main focus here was to lightly touch on a few of the downsides. Of course we firmly believe that private label articles and eBooks are worth the investment — otherwise we wouldn’t be offering plr products for sale. However, just because they are a good investment, in our opinion, does not mean that they do not have potential shortcomings as well.
Don’t forget about our free private label rights content opportunity!
- Using PLR content for your benefit
- Update to ‘Stop Smoking’ PLR Report
- Feedback Requested: Do you Want Keyword Density Reports?
- How to make a killing with PLR
- Private label rights membership websites – when they work for you
- PLR Content – Not Just for Internet Marketers
- Online Survey PLR – Why You Need It